Position: Emeritus Professor
Office: AAB 1316, Academic and Administration Bldg, HKBU
Telephone No.: 3411 7003 (office)
Fax No.: 3411 5757 (office)
Doctor of Education, University of Leicester Leicester, U.K.
Master of Education, Oregon State University Corvallis, Oregon, U.S.A.
Bachelor of Science, University of Oregon Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A.
- Olympic Education
- Gender Studies
- Female Athlete
Professor Leung is the Adjunct Professor of the Department of Sport and Physical Education and a part-time lecturer in the Sports and Leisure Management Program and the Master of Public Administration Program in the Hong Kong Baptist University.
Professor LEUNG is the Hon. Deputy Secretary General of the Sports Federation and Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China, Director of the Management Company of Olympic House Limited and also the Advisor to the University Sports Federation of Hong Kong, China.
She is now a Member of the Major Sports Events Committee, and has served as a Member of the Elite Sports Committee from 2014-2016. Member of the Community Sports Committee under the Sports Commission of the HKSAR Government (2004-2014) as well as a Member of the Advisory Committee of Quality Migrants and Professionals for the HKSAR Government (2008-2014).
Teaching (recent years)
- Event management
- Facility management
- Human resource management
- Olympic Education
- Medal of Honor in 2017
- Chief Executive Commendation for Community Service in 2007
- HAB Commendation for Community Service in 2006
Recent Publications (Since 2010)
- Du, M., Leung, M.L. (2011) Managerial stress and job satisfaction of sports and recreation industry in Hong Kong. Journal of Sports Administration and Supervision. Vol.4. 65-102.
Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- Du, M., Leung, M.L., & Fu, F.H. (2010) The effects of Leisure time activity and coping on the stress strain relationship: a study with sport and recreation managers in Hong Kong. Proceedings of the III International Conference of Physical Education and Sports Science organized by physical Education and Sports Science Academic Group in Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
- Fung, V., & Leung, M.L. (2010) Development of junior elite athletes from the National Olympic Committee’s perspective. Proceedings of the International Scientific Symposium organized by the Hong Kong Sports Institute.
Community Services (Ongoing)
- Member, Major Sports Events Committee of the SAR Government
- Hon. Deputy Secretary General, Sports Federation of Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China
- Director, Management Company of Olympic House
- Member, Personnel Committee, SF & OC of HK, China
- Member, Women & Sport Commission , SF & OC of HK, China
- Member, Investment Committee, SF & OC of HK, China
- Convenor, Editorial Board of SF & OC Newsletter
- Member, Constitution Revision Sub-Committee, SF & OC of HK
- Advisor, University Sports Federation of Hong Kong, China
- Member, University Games Committee, University Sports Federation of Hong Kong, China
- Advisor, Asian Academy for Sports Fitness and Professionals