D.P.E., Springfield College, MA, USA
M.S., B.S., Springfield College, MA, USA
Grad. Certificate, Victoria U. of Tech.
Advanced Certificate, Grantham College of Education, HK
Teacher Certificate, Northcote College of Education, HK
- Measure and Evaluation in Physical Activity
- Sports Medicine & Injury Prevention
- Quality Teaching Award, Hong Kong Coaching Committee (2002-2008)
- Metzler-Freedman Outstanding Paper Award, Journal of Teaching in Physical Education (2008)
- The HKSAR Auxiliary Medical Service Long Service Award (2008)
Recent Publications (Since 2010)
- Louie, L. (2015). The physiological benefits of walking, p.17-23. In My first fitness walking book, Edited by KM Chan, P Yung, & K Yau. Wanli book publishing Co. ISBN 9789621454799.
- Louie, L. (2014). Exercise and myths, p.14-20. In My first fitness book, Edited by KM Chan, P Yung, & J Lee. Wanli book publishing Co. ISBN 9789621452818.
- Lam, L., Kuk, E., Louie, L. , & Lee, K. (2014). Chinese Martial Arts and Health- External/Hard Style Chinese Martial Arts. In Martial Arts for Health: Translating Research into Practice, Edited by Fong, S. OMICS Group eBook.
- Louie, L. (2011). The physiological influence of drugs on cycling athletes, p. 41-42. Healthy Cycling. The Hong Kong Jockey Club Sports Medicine and Health Science Centre, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong(青森文化出版社). ISBN: 978-988-8122-08-2.
- Louie, L. (2011). Running and weather conditions, p. 64-67. Healthy Running. The Hong Kong Jockey Club Sports Medicine and Health Science Centre, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong(青森文化出版社). ISBN: 978-988-8122-47-9.
- Bik C. Chow, Thomas L. McKenzie, & Louie, L. (2015). Physical Activity and Its Contexts during Preschool Classroom Sessions. Advances in Physical Education, 5, 194-203.
- Frederick Ka Wing Ho, Louie, L., Chun Bong Chow, Wilfred Hing Sang Wong and Patrick Ip. (2015). Physical activity improves mental health through resilience in Hong Kong Chinese adolescents. BMC Pediatrics, 15:48.
- Bik C. Chow, Thomas L. McKenzie, & Louie, L. (2015). Children’s Physical Activity and Associated Variables during Preschool Physical Education. Advances in Physical Education, 5, 39-49.
- Louie, L., Wong, K.C., & Chow, B. (2014). A survey on the swimming abilities among secondary school students in Hong Kong. Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation. Vol. 20. (1), 6-11.
- Chow, B., Chan, A., Tong, K., & Louie, L. (2013). Social cognitive theory based intervention targeting non-working time physical activity in adultes with intellectual disabilities. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. Vol. 15 Supplement (1), 350.
- Louie, L. (2013). Injury incidence and injury patterns in high school volleyball student athletes – A retrospective study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. Vol. 15 Supplement (1), 375.
- Chow, B., & Louie, L. (2013). Difference in children’s gross motor skills between two types of preschools. Perceptual Motor Skills: Skills & Erogonomics. Vol. 116(1), 253-261.
- Louie, L. (2012). Current evidence in respiratory muscle training and exercise performance. Hong Kong Medical Diary. Vol. 16(12), 12-14.
- Li, E., Lam, M., Louie, L., & Li, S. (2012). An analysis of history and cultural background of Chinese tai chi softball. Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation. Vol. 18(1), 27-30.
- Louie, L., & Lam, Y.T. (2011). A comparison on selected physiological variables between two models of elliptical cross trainers. Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation. Vol. 17(1), 91-103.
- Chow, B., Mak, D., Cheung, S., & Louie, L. (2010). Transmitter assisted learning: new application in teaching and coaching sports skill. Studies on Teaching & Learning. Vol. 2 pp. 93-98.
- Chow, B., & Louie, L. (2010). Comparison of parent proxy report of children’s physical activity with pedometry and accelerometry. Supplement to Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. P. S342.
- Wu, D., & Louie, L. (2010). Does wearing high-heeled shoe cause hallux valgus? A survey of 1056 Chinese females. The Foot & Ankle Online Journal. Vol. 3(5), 3.
- 〈我看世界盃〉，載《傳媒透視Media Digest》（2010年6月），頁6-7。
- Louie, L. (2014)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】體育的經濟貢獻（2014年10月29日）。
- Louie, L. (2014)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】香港足運的困局（2014年1月7日）。
- Louie, L. (2014)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】港協換屆處事要增加透明度（2014年3月31日）。
- Louie, L. (2013)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】大球場與體育政策（2013年8月2日）。
- Louie, L. (2011). Easy-sport programme for the Hong Kong Police. Department of Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University. (DVD version)
Research Grants (Since 2010)
- "Influences on Preschool Children's Physical Activity: A Qualitative Study of Parents' Perspectives.", 2015-2016, PI
Grant support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$49,350
- "General Research Fund. Effectiveness of school-based weight management program for overweight and obese students with mild intellectual disability in a special school: A randomized controlled trial.", 2014-2016, Co-I
Grant support: Research Grants Council, HK$406,245
- "Building Learning Community through a Transdisciplinary Multi-layered Approach", 2012-2014, Co-I
Grant support: Strategic Development Fund (SDF), HKBU, HK$1,978,400
- "Production of VCD to promote physical fitness", 2010-2011, PI
Hong Kong Police Force, HK$60,600
Community/Professional Services (Ongoing)
- Elite Sports Committee, Sports Commission, Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2016)
- Working Group on Sports Facilities, Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2016)
- Football Task Force committee, Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2020)
- Steering Committee Member on Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Disease, Food and Health Bureau, HKSAR (24 Nov 2014 to 23 Nov 2016)
- Reviewer, The Health Care and Promotion Fund (HCPF), Food and Health Bureau, HKSAR (2012-2016)
- Panel on Risk Assessment Advisory Committee, Auxiliary Medical Service, HKSAR (2014-2017)
- Award Council of the Hong Kong Award for Young People (2015-2017)
- Advisor, Hong Kong Cyclothon, Hong Kong Tourism Board (2015)
- Technical Advisor, Employees Retraining Board, HKSAR (Since 2008)
- Honorary Advisor, Hong Kong Police College (Jan 2008-2016)
- Honorary Scholar, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University (Since 2007)
- Advisory Board Member, Radio TV Hong Kong (Dec 2014-2016)
- Textbook Committee, Textbook Review Panels, Education Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2017)