Ph.D. in Exercise and Sport Sciences (Specialization in Sport Management), University of Tennessee, USA
M.A in Sport and Exercise Management, The Ohio State University, USA
B.E. in Industrial Engineering, Kon-Kuk University, Korea
- Organizational Theory/Behavior & Human Resource Management
Recent Publications (Since 2012)
- Kim, S., Liu, J., & Love, A. (in press). Event prestige as a mediator between sport involvement and intent to continue participation. Perceptual and Motor Skills.
- Kim, S., Liu, J., & Love, A. (in press). The impact of event prestige on intent to continue sport participation, Journal of Sport Behavior.
- Kim, S., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2015). Relationships between organizational justice and coaches’ attitudinal outcomes in intercollegiate athletics. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching. 10(2+3), 305-326.
- Kim, S., Andrew, D.P.S., Lee, C., & Lee, J. (2014). The Impact of perceived event prestige on volunteer commitment and satisfaction at a mega sporting event. International Journal of Sport Management. 15(4),438-461
- Lee, S., Kim, S., & Love, A. (2014). Coverage of the Gay Games from 1980-2012 in U.S. newspapers: An analysis of newspaper article framing. Journal of Sport Management, 28 (2), 176-188.
- Kim, S., Hong, S., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2013). Sustainable volunteerism at a major international sporting event: The impact of perceived event prestige. Journal of Applied Sport Management, 5(4), 49-72.
- Kim, S., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2013). Organizational justice in intercollegiate athletics: Perceptions of coaches. Sport Management Review, 16(2), 200-210.
- Kim, S., Magnusen, M.J., Andrew, D.P.S., & Stoll, J. (2012). Are transformational leaders a double-edged sword? Impact of transformational leadership on sport employee commitment and job satisfaction. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, 7(4), 661-676.
Research Grants (Since 2012)
- “Organizational Citizenship Behaviors in Sports: Scale Development and Validation.”, with Liu, J., & Love, A., 2015
Grant Support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$81,000 (US$10,440)
- “The Role of Sport Commitment and Perceived Event Prestige in Predicting Marathon Participation.”, with Liu, J., 2013
Grant Support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$28,000 (US$3,609)
- Editorial Board Member, Global Sport Business Association Journal (Since 2014)
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Sport Management (Since 2013)
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Applied Sport Management (Since 2013)