D.P.E., Springfield College, MA, USA
M.S., B.S., Springfield College, MA, USA
Grad. Certificate, Victoria U. of Tech.
Advanced Certificate, Grantham College of Education, HK
Teacher Certificate, Northcote College of Education, HK
- Measure and Evaluation in Physical Activity
- Sports Medicine & Injury Prevention
- Quality Teaching Award, Hong Kong Coaching Committee (2002-2008)
- Metzler-Freedman Outstanding Paper Award, Journal of Teaching in Physical Education (2008)
- The HKSAR Auxiliary Medical Service Long Service Award (2008)
Recent Publications (Since 2012)
- Louie, L. (2017). 《請問雷博士：運動科學是與非》. 一丁文化出版社，IBSN: 978-988-77200-6-5
- Louie, L. (2016). 《動出資優兒》. 世界出版社，IBSN:978-988-8289-89-9.
- Louie, L. (2016). The physiological benefits of cycling, p.48-49,70-74, 114-115. In My first bicycle book, Edited by KM Chan, P Yung, KM Mok, & J Lee. Wanli book publishing Co. ISBN 9789621459435.
- Louie, L. (2016). The physiological benefits of running, p.16-24. In My first fitness running book, Edited by KM Chan, P Yung, & H. Chan. Wanli book publishing Co. ISBN 9789621459428.
- Louie, L. (2015). The physiological benefits of walking, p.17-23. In My first fitness walking book, Edited by KM Chan, P Yung, & K Yau. Wanli book publishing Co. ISBN 9789621454799.
- Louie, L. (2014). Exercise and myths, p.14-20. In My first fitness book, Edited by KM Chan, P Yung, & J Lee. Wanli book publishing Co. ISBN 9789621452818.
- Lam, L., Kuk, E., Louie, L. , & Lee, K. (2014). Chinese Martial Arts and Health- External/Hard Style Chinese Martial Arts. In Martial Arts for Health: Translating Research into Practice, Edited by Fong, S. OMICS Group eBook.
- Regina Lai-Tong Lee, Cynthia Leung, Hong Chen, Lobo H. T. Louie, Michael Brown, Jyu-Lin Chen, Gordon Cheung & Paul H. Lee. The Impact of a School-Based Weight Management Program Involving Parents via mHealth for Overweight and Obese Children and Adolescents with Intellectual Disability: A Randomized Controlled Trial. International Journal of Environmental Research & Public Health. 2017, 14, 1178.
- Frederick Ho, Lobo Louie, Wilfred Wong, Ko Chan, AgnesTiwari, Chun Bong Chow, Walter Ho, William Wong, Meanne Chan, Eric Chen, Yiu Fai Cheung, Patrick Ip. A Sports Mentorship Program Improves Adolescent Mental Health and Physical Fitness: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. 2017 Oct;140(4). DOI: 10.1542/peds.2017-1543.
- Patrick IP, Frederick Ka-Wing HO, Lobo Hung-Tak LOUIE, Thomas Wai-Hung CHUNG, Yiu-Fai CHEUNG, So-Lun LEE, Stanley Sai-Chuen HUI, Walter King-Yan HO, Daniel Sai-Yin HO, Wilfred Hing-Sang WONG, Fan JIANG. Childhood Obesity and Physical Activity-friendly School Environment. (2017) Journal of Pediatrics. ISSN: 00223476; DOI: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2017.08.017
- Sivan, A., Tam, V. C., Tam, E., Ho, M., Wan, K., Louie, L., Ng, J., Wong, O., & Yueng, S. (2016). Building learning community through a transdisciplinary multi-layered approach. Learning Communities Journal. 8(1), 71-97.
- Louie, H.T. (2016). The relationship between sports facilities and youth engagement in sports and recreation. Journal of Youth Studies, 19(1), 47-54.
- Fong, S.M., X. Guo, X., Liu, K. P.Y., Ki, W.Y., Louie, L.H.T., Chung, R. C. K, & Macfarlane, D. J. (2016). Task-Specific Balance Training Improves the Sensory Organisation of Balance Control in Children with Developmental Coordination Disorder: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Scientific Reports, 6, 20945. DOI: 10.1038/srep20945.
- Louie, L., Zang, Y., & Fu, F. (2015). A preliminary study on the physiological response in hypoxia training for adolescent distance runners. Pediatric Exercise Science, 27, 61.
- Frederick Ka Wing Ho, Lobo Louie, Chun Bong Chow, Wilfred Hing Sang Wong and Patrick Ip. (2015). Physical activity improves mental health through resilience in Hong Kong Chinese adolescents. BMC Pediatrics, 15:48.
- Bik C. Chow, Thomas L. McKenzie, & Louie, L. (2015). Physical Activity and Its Contexts during Preschool Classroom Sessions. Advances in Physical Education, 5, 194-203.
- Frederick Ka Wing Ho, Louie, L., Chun Bong Chow, Wilfred Hing Sang Wong and Patrick Ip. (2015). Physical activity improves mental health through resilience in Hong Kong Chinese adolescents. BMC Pediatrics, 15:48.
- Bik C. Chow, Thomas L. McKenzie, & Louie, L. (2015). Children’s Physical Activity and Associated Variables during Preschool Physical Education. Advances in Physical Education, 5, 39-49.
- Louie, L., Wong, K.C., & Chow, B. (2014). A survey on the swimming abilities among secondary school students in Hong Kong. Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation. Vol. 20. (1), 6-11.
- Chow, B., Chan, A., Tong, K., & Louie, L. (2013). Social cognitive theory based intervention targeting non-working time physical activity in adultes with intellectual disabilities. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. Vol. 15 Supplement (1), 350.
- Louie, L. (2013). Injury incidence and injury patterns in high school volleyball student athletes – A retrospective study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. Vol. 15 Supplement (1), 375.
- Chow, B., & Louie, L. (2013). Difference in children’s gross motor skills between two types of preschools. Perceptual Motor Skills: Skills & Erogonomics. Vol. 116(1), 253-261.
- Louie, L. (2012). Current evidence in respiratory muscle training and exercise performance. Hong Kong Medical Diary. Vol. 16(12), 12-14.
- Li, E., Lam, M., Louie, L., & Li, S. (2012). An analysis of history and cultural background of Chinese tai chi softball. Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation. Vol. 18(1), 27-30.
- Louie, L. (2014)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】體育的經濟貢獻（2014年10月29日）。
- Louie, L. (2014)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】香港足運的困局（2014年1月7日）。
- Louie, L. (2014)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】港協換屆處事要增加透明度（2014年3月31日）。
- Louie, L. (2013)，香港電台【左右紅藍綠】大球場與體育政策（2013年8月2日）。
Research Grants (Since 2012)
- "Influences on Preschool Children's Physical Activity: A Qualitative Study of Parents' Perspectives.", 2015-2016, PI
Grant support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$49,350
- "General Research Fund. Effectiveness of school-based weight management program for overweight and obese students with mild intellectual disability in a special school: A randomized controlled trial.", 2014-2016, Co-I
Grant support: Research Grants Council, HK$406,245
- "Building Learning Community through a Transdisciplinary Multi-layered Approach", 2012-2014, Co-I
Grant support: Strategic Development Fund (SDF), HKBU, HK$1,978,400
Community/Professional Services (Ongoing)
- Elite Sports Committee, Sports Commission, Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2016)
- Working Group on Sports Facilities, Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2016)
- Football Task Force committee, Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2020)
- Steering Committee Member on Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Disease, Food and Health Bureau, HKSAR (24 Nov 2014 to 23 Nov 2016)
- Reviewer, The Health Care and Promotion Fund (HCPF), Food and Health Bureau, HKSAR (2012-2016)
- Panel on Risk Assessment Advisory Committee, Auxiliary Medical Service, HKSAR (2014-2017)
- Award Council of the Hong Kong Award for Young People (2015-2017)
- Advisor, Hong Kong Cyclothon, Hong Kong Tourism Board (2015)
- Technical Advisor, Employees Retraining Board, HKSAR (Since 2008)
- Honorary Advisor, Hong Kong Police College (Jan 2008-2016)
- Honorary Scholar, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University (Since 2007)
- Advisory Board Member, Radio TV Hong Kong (Dec 2014-2016)
- Textbook Committee, Textbook Review Panels, Education Bureau, HKSAR (2015-2017)