D. P. E., Springfield College, U.S.A.
M.Sc., Springfield College, U.S.A.
B.A., Dartmouth College, U.S.A.
- Exercise Physiology and Fitness
- Medal of Honour, SAR Government of Hong Kong
- Justice of Peace, SAR Government of Hong Kong
Recent Publications (Since 2010)
- Pan, D., Fu, F., Pan, A. “Integrate Congruity Paradigm into Sport Consumer Inquiry: Evaluation of Minic Band of Sport Product”. Hong Kong Recreation Review 2015 Vol 27:12-18.
- Fu, F., Kong, Z.W., Zhang, Y. P. & Zang Y. P. “A Comparison of Lifestyle Management Practices of Residents of Three Chinese Cities: Hong Kong, Macau and Weihai (Shandong)”. International Journal of Sports Science 2013 Vol 3(4):115-126.
- Fu, F., Nan., A. & Li, S.C. “Lifestyle Management Practice of 40-59 years Cohort in Hong Kong”. Advances in Physical Education 2013 Vol. 3(2):53-61
- Fu, F., Guo, L.X., & Zang Y. P. “Camping and Quality of Life”. Open Journal of Preventive Medicine 2013 Vol. 3(3):263-274
- Fu, F., Guo, L.X. & Zang, Y. P. “An Overview of Health Fitness Studies of Hong Kong Residents from 2005-2011”. Journal of Exercise Science & Fitness 2012 Vol. 10(2):45-63.
- Liu, Y.L., Paul, S. & Fu, F. “Accomplishments and Compromises in Prediction Research for World Records and Best Performances in Track and Field and Swimming”. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science 2012 Vol. 16(3):167-182.
- Fu, F. and Guo, L.X. “Effects of Year-round Swim Training on Selected Cardiorespiratory Functions of Hong Kong Junior Secondary School Students”. Journal of Youth Studies 2012 Vol. 15(2):178-188.
- Nie, J., Tong, T.K., George, K., Fu, F.H., Lin, H., Shi, Q. “Resting and post-exercise serum biomarkers of cardiac and skeletal muscle damage in adolescent runners”. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports 2011 Vol. 21(5): 625-9.
- Fu, F & Levy, J (editors). “Active Aging and Quality of Life”. 2015. Sagamore Publishing, LLC. U.S.A. 109 pages.
- 傅浩堅，楊錫讓（主編）“社會體育指導”， 高等教育出版社，2012年，392頁。
- Fu, F., Nan, A. & Li, S. “Lifestyle Management Practices of Hong Kong People”. Dr. Stephen Hui Research Centre, HKBU. 2011. (64 pages).
- Fu, F. “Sport for All and Health” .2nd edition, HKBU. 2011, 241 pages.
Research Grants (Since 2010)
- “The study on sports for people with disabilities in Hong Kong”, 2015
Grant Support: Home Affairs Bureau, HK$1.39M
- “The Effects of a 10-week Intervention Program on the Lifestyle Management Practices of 25-39 Year Old Office and Manual Workers in Hong Kong”, 2012-2013
Grant Support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$99,740
- “Notational Analysis of Taekwondo Top-rankers in Asian Game 2010”, 2010-2011
Grant Support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$48,178
- “The Effects of Two Sports Training Programmes on Selected Physiological Parameters and Body Fat”, 2010-2011
Grant Support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$59,600
- “The Effects of 8-week of Indoor and Outdoor School Based Recreational Swimming Programmes on Selected Cardio-respiratory Functions of Secondary School Students", 2010-2011
Grant Support: Faculty Research Grant, HKBU, HK$99,850
- “Development of a comprehensive and effective fitness program for adults with intellectual disabilities", 2010-2012
Grant Support: Health Care Promotion Fund, HK$170,840
Professional Memberships (Ongoing)
- International Fellow of the National Academy of Kinesiology, USA
- Fellow of the Research Consortium of SHAPE, USA
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Recreation Management Association, HKSAR
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Association of Sports Medicine and Sports Science, HKSAR
Community/Professional Services (Ongoing)
- Supervisor, Jockey Club Ti-I College (Since 1993)
- Supervisor, Hong Kong Baptist University Affiliated School Wong Kam Fai Secondary and Primary School (Since 2006)
- Chairman, Anti-Doping Committee, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (SF & OC) (2008-2016)
- Member, Mega Events Fund Committee, SAR Government of Hong Kong (2009-2016)
- Member, Sports Commission, SAR Government of Hong Kong (2009-2016)
- Chairman, Hong Kong Olympic Academy, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (SF & OC) (2015-2016)