Ph.D. in Sport Management, University of Georgia, USA
M.Sc. in Sport Management, University of Florida, USA
M.Ed. in Sport Pedagogy, Taipei Physical Education College, Taiwan
M.Sc. in Biology, Tunghai University, Taiwan
B.Sc. in Biology, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Graduate School Ph.D. Scholars of Excellence Fellowship ($38,000) (2011-2013). The University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- William C. Friday Graduate Student College Sport Research Paper Award 2nd place (2010). The College Sport Research Institute (CSRI), Chapel Hill, NC.
- International Center Achievement Award (2008). The University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
Recent Publications (Since 2012)
- Yu , H. S., Zhang, J. J., Kim, D. H., Chen, K. K., Min, S. D., & Huang, H. (2014). Service Quality, Perceived Value, Customer Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intentions among Elderly Consumers at a Sport and Fitness Center. Social behavior and personality, 42(5), 752-768.
- Chen, K. K. and Zhang, J. J. (2012). To name it or not name it: Consumer perspectives on facility naming rights sponsorship in Collegiate Athletics. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 5, pp. 119-148.
Research Grants (Since 2012)
- "Contributing to the mission of the NEST Foundation: A program designed for developing and empowering global sport leaders.", Co-I
Grant Support: The NEST Foundation. Seoul, Korea. $2,087,250 (Direct Cost - $1,878,525 and Indirect Cost - $208,725)
Date: 2012-2017 – pending
- "Envisioning a rainbow bridge between Seoul, Korea and Athens, Georgia: Materializing an international exchange program through academic collaborations.", Co-I
The Sport Industry and Marketing Center. Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea. $25,000 (Direct Cost - $22,727.30 and Indirect Cost - $2,272.70)
Date: Sept 2011 - May 2012
- Southern District American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (Southern District) (Since 2012)
- The International Society of Sports Nutrition (Since 2011)
- The International Sports Sciences Association (Since 2011)
- North American Society for Sport Management (Since 2009)
- Sport Marketing Association (Since 2009)