for Admitted Students from Asian Countries
A one-year scholarship with tuition waiver will be offered to an admitted full-time student applying to the Master of Social Sciences in Sport and Leisure Management (SLM) Programme, Department of Sport and Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University who fulfills the following scholarship eligibility:
- - An awardee must hold nationality from an Asian country with proof of residency in the Asian country (past 12 months) other than Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China, and
- - Former or current sport or leisure administrator, or practitioner with a minimum of 3 years of related professional experience as well as recommendation from government sport organization or National Olympic Committee or from other professional and academic body of the respective country, or
- - Athlete who has participated in major international sporting events (Olympics, Asian Games, World Championships etc.) with recommendation from government sport organizations or National Olympic Committees, and
- - The awardee has fulfilled the general admission requirements including an admission interview.
One year full-time tuition fee (HK$120,000, approximately US$15,300) will be waived for an awardee. The maximum quota of scholarship is set at two annually.
Programme duration is from early September, 2020 to the end of August, 2021.
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first degree is obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- a. TOEFL: a score of 537 (paper-based test), with a minimum score of 4.0 for writing section or 74 (internet-based test) with a minimum score of 21 for writing section; or
- b. IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 for writing section and 5.5 for other sections; or
- c. an equivalent qualification.
- Download Scholarship Application Form (http://pe.hkbu.edu.hk/SLM/pdf/SLMS%20application%20form.pdf).
- Scan completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload Scholarship Application Form and Supporting Documents (including scholarship recommendation letter, nationality and residency proofs) and other documents (transcripts, language proof etc.) during online application for Taught Postgraduate Programme.
For Programme & Scholarship details
Telephone: (+852) 3411 5630
Graduate School for online application:
Telephone: (+852) 3411 5127
Application Deadline: 15 June 2020